Bollywood-ish

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Get ready for The Magic of Madhuri week!

We all love her, don´t we? In one way or the other. She may not be your absolute favourite, but you still find her a pleasure to watch. And if you don´t, well, then live and let live. Because next week we are going to celebrate Madhuri Dixit, the eternal Chandramukhi whose one look can send every heart go dhak dhak and when she reveals that it is nothing else but her yearning dil that hides under her choli you will completely loose your count of ek do teen and your only desire will be to maar daala (and now I hope my weak knowledge of Hindi did not betray me too much).

Why? Because on 15th May Madhuri-ji will celebrate her 44th birthday, which gives us a perfect excuse to go gaga about her yet again...

I have requested the very much awesome Vishal K Bharadwaj ( http://allvishal.com/ ) if he could be kind enough to provide this project with a logo, like he did last year while celebrating Sridevi ( http://allvishal.com/journal/sridevipalooza ), and it seems it just might work out, so that would only add the project the desired level! If he won´t find a time, well, I shall try to create something of my own, but you cannot expect anything fabulous. :P

Please, do join in The Magic of Madhuri week! All you would have to do is to publish at least one article related to Madhuri (the more the better of course!). If you don´t have a blog or tumblr and you STILL WANT to submit something, just let me know and I shall put up your post on my blog under your name. At the end of the week I shall feature all your article/s on my blog, providing the links to them, so none should remain unnoticed (but you have to let me know about your article if you want the feature :P ). If you decide to publish something, please do mention it is for The Magic of Madhuri week - and preferably also ad the logo, that shall be provided soon. We are starting next Monday!

Please, do join in our celebration of Madhuri Dixit.

25 comments:

  1. Dost! We have the same thoughts exactly! I will publish extensively on my blog for "The Magic of Madhuri Week" ;) & I am making something for Madhuriji

    ReplyDelete
  2. That´s amazing!!! I´ll be probably posting at least one article a day dring whole week :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. TheMadhurifan3 May 2011 at 16:13

    Thats a great thought, I'm also working on something and hope to make it on time.
    Do you need an article like written something by the fans or some old article??
    I am gonna love this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe Main bahut excited hoon ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. TheMadhurifan - it should definitely be an article/video/artwork of your own making. Anything at all, but definitely something new :) If you have a blog or tumblr, just publish there and send me a link, or if you don´t have where to publish, contact me and I´ll publish it under your name here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to be a bush next to Shah Rukh's door to his garage. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction..I love Madhuri and would be pleased to write about her...I was born and raised in Denver Colorado where she lives with her family...I'll link you darling! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  7. bellegram - Thank you! Oh what would I give to at least see place where she lives..... Looking forward your link next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I HAD EXACTLY THE SAME IDEA!!! :o

    (why didn't I post it first? -_- )

    Anyway - I can't wait. I have plenty of articles to post already. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great minds think alike :D
    And I have some articles too! Now it wil be funny if we have the same ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I'm not completely gaga over Madhuri like most Bollywood fans, I do appreciate her! Therefore I'd love to join in!

    (Also, she's 44? WOW she looks great.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Madhuri has an amazing quality that makes her likeable even if you´re not crazy about her. We´ll be most happy to have your contribution! :) And yes, she is 44, mother of two... and looking still great (though the animation is not recent of course :D ).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sher: My IDOL))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been plugging this on twitter, and it sounds like some folks are up for it. I'll do something on my blog and tumblr next week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll definitely join as well... but need to think of what I'll write. I'm not that inspired at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liz - that´s great! Thank you so much, I´ve seen your efforts on Twitter and I really appreciate it!

    Lime(tte) - There´s still enough time to think. And I´m sure with you reservoir of great ideas you can come up with something :) It can be really just about anything from a simple movie review to a booming tribute (my case)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds great :D I'll definitely try to post something!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We´ll be definitely HAPPY if you do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Count me in. I will think of something and have it for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this idea so much! I hope I can find some free time to post something on my Livejournal. Is that OK? Or should it be on blogspot or Tumblr?

    Love this idea Gaja! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I answered to you elsewhere, but yes, you can use Livejournal as well :) And you´ll be most welcome to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello. I learned of Magic of Madhuri Week from Sita-ji at Bollywood Food Club. I have done a post that I hope can be included, if it's not too late!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello there! No, it´s definitely not late, and you can be sure your post will appear together with others! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll try to get something up as well... my blog is relatively new (and I haven't seen a Madhuri movie in ages), but I'll try at least. (Mine's a livejournal too.)

    Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete